commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject [VFS] Re: Set the transfer mode to ASCII in a file system
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:45:50 GMT
Looking at the code setFileType is only being set in
FTPClientFactory.createConnection. There is no logic currently in
place to change to ASCII based on file extension or other attributes.
The file type could be added as a FileSystemOption but you would then
end up with two ftp connections being established, one for ASCII and
one for binary.

Ralph