commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Howard" <Howard....@westernasset.com>
Subject RE: Building commons-math.jar
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:23:14 GMT
I tried Phil's suggestion and installed maven and everything worked well. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Steitz [mailto:phil.steitz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:12 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Building commons-math.jar

Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Lee, Howard a écrit :
>
>> Hi Luc,
>>
>> Sorry about the late reply. Have been out of town. I'm enclosing the ant test output
file. I'm using old ant (I don't know if that makes difference in this case. Using 1.6.5)
and using Junit 4.4. Looking forward to official release! :) Thanks!

> All failing tests in this log file follow the same pattern:
>
>    [junit] Running org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
>     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
>
>     [junit] Testcase: warning took 0 sec
>     [junit]   FAILED
>     [junit] No tests found in org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
>     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: No tests found in
> org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
>
> This seems to correspond exactly to the Junit 4 tests. The Junit 3
> tests do pass correctly.
>
> Perhaps your version of ant does not like a mix of Junit 3 and Junit 4
> tests ? Are you sure junit 4 is used and there is no junit 3 hidden in
> your ant installation ? Is it possible to force ant to use junit 4 ?

It is already being forced to use junit 4.  The Ant build first looks at build.properties
(if it exists), then /usr/share/junit for junit-4.4.jar and if it does not find it, downloads
from repo1 (as it did in Howard's
case), so it is definitely using Junit 4.4.   Looks like the problem is
compatability of the Ant junit task in Ant 1.6.5 with Junit 4.

Phil
> Luc

>>> 1.6 and 1.5.  The test failures should show up in the Ant stdout
>>> output.  It would be good to know what they are/were, as the Ant
>>> build is running the same tests tht the maven build is.
>>>
>> You are right.
>> I checked the test using ant and they also run correctly and automatically use the
complete test suite. Ant does not store the tests results nor set up the reports maven does,
which seems normal to me. It only creates the classes and test-classes directories in target.