commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Howard" <Howard....@westernasset.com>
Subject RE: Building commons-math.jar
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:07:44 GMT
That's a possibility. I'll make sure my version of ant doesn't have other junit in the classpath.
Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Maisonobe [mailto:Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:11 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Building commons-math.jar

Lee, Howard a écrit :
> Hi Luc,
>
> Sorry about the late reply. Have been out of town. I'm enclosing the ant test output
file. I'm using old ant (I don't know if that makes difference in this case. Using 1.6.5)
and using Junit 4.4. Looking forward to official release! :) Thanks!

All failing tests in this log file follow the same pattern:

   [junit] Running org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

    [junit] Testcase: warning took 0 sec
    [junit]     FAILED
    [junit] No tests found in org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: No tests found in org.apache.commons.math.xxx.YyylTest

This seems to correspond exactly to the Junit 4 tests. The Junit 3 tests do pass correctly.

Perhaps your version of ant does not like a mix of Junit 3 and Junit 4 tests ? Are you sure
junit 4 is used and there is no junit 3 hidden in your ant installation ? Is it possible to
force ant to use junit 4 ?

Luc

test suite. Ant does not store the tests results nor set up the reports maven does, which
seems normal to me. It only creates the classes and test-classes directories in target.