commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Building commons-math.jar
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:50:41 GMT
Lee, Howard a écrit :
> Hi Luc,
>
> There's no text or xml log files in the target directory. What would be the name? I just
ran "ant jar" command. Thanks for the snap shot.

We no< use maven 2 rather than ant to build commons-math. The ant built
has not been updated for a while and I even though we have removed it
completely ... I guess this could explain both the failures and the lack
 of files in the target directory.

So the simplest way to run the tests now is to have maven 2 installed
(see http://maven.apache.org/) and to run the following command:
  mvn test

This should create severals directories and files in the target
directory. One of these directories should be named surefire-reports and
should contains lots of files named after the test classes.

Building the jar file is done by running the command:
  mvn package

This should create the jar file in the target directory.

Luc

so this is a major problem for us if you can't run them. There should be some text or xml
log files for each set of test in the directory target/surefire-reports for all tests. We
are interested in the failing ones. Could you also tell us when you checked out the source
from the subversion repository ?

> You will find a recent version (compiled a few minutes ago) here:
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/commons/commons-math/2.0-SNAPSHOT/commons-math-2.0-20090723.185718-6.jar
>
> The version above is *not* an officially supported version. It is a snapshot compiled
only by me for your convenience. Please note that version 2.0 will be officially published
very soon now (say a week or