commons-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Giles <jonat...@jonathangiles.net>
Subject [Sanselan] Writing XMP leads to semi-corrupted IPTC
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:25:50 GMT
Hi there everyone,

I'm trying to use Sanselan to write XMP data to an image. The problem is
that in doing so, it appears to corrupt the other IPTC data such that it
is not visible in all circumstances (i.e. Windows Explorer doesn't
display it). It's there in the file, just not in the expected location
perhaps.

Is there a way to handle this such that the added XMP doesn't change the
content of the rest of the file? I tried re-writing the IPTC metadata
but to no avail. Perhaps I haven't discovered the magic sequence of
events that need to be followed.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Jonathan Giles