commons-user mailing list archives

From Cam Bazz <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting file length while using stream api of file upload
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:12:21 GMT
there is no text fields. just the file upload. investigating the post
request, i noticed that its the stuff like file name, etc, and 2 or 3
extra fields.

also, I am posting only one file, therefore no multiple items.

from my measurements the extra overhead is 100-200 Bytes max.
considering I want to cap the upload at 2mb, that will be a
insignificant delta between the actual file size and
the request size.

but I am wondering cross browser stuff, or maybe one browser chunks
the post into two, or something that I do not know.

Best Regards,
-C.A.