commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting file length while using stream api of file upload
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 02:29:59 GMT
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Cam Bazz <cambazz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin;
>
> how reliable would be to get the content-length from the request header.

It's completely reliable as a measure of the size of the *request*, but
hopeless as a measure of the size of an individual item, file or otherwise.
Think about it - the request size not including file items is completely
dependent on the complexity of the form it's part of, and on the amount of
text the user has entered in any text fields in that form.

--
Martin Cooper