commons-user mailing list archives

From "srikanth k.m" <kms...@gmail.com>
Subject {NET}Question about FTPSClient -Client Authentication
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:19:22 GMT
Hi,

I am using commons net 2.0 jar to connect to FTPS server using explicit SSL.
I wanted to perform Client Authentication. I have used setNeedClientAuth()
to initialise to true and initialised the keystore. It doesnt seem to work.

In the code for FTPSClient - sslNegotiation() method , there is a code
snippet

if (!isClientMode) {
            socket.setNeedClientAuth(isNeedClientAuth);
            socket.setWantClientAuth(isWantClientAuth);
        }

I tried setting setUseClientMode() to false..In such a case, my client
starts the SSL handshake as a server and hangs waiting for a ClientHello
command from the server.

My question is:: Is it neccessary to set UseClientMode() to false?? How to
acheive Client Authentication?? . Is it neccessary for the socket to connect
in Server mode for performing client authentication??

Thanks for your response

Srikanth