commons-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Blotny <Alexander.Blo...@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
Subject [SCXML] BPEL vs SCXML
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:25:37 GMT
Hi,

in my institute we have an implementation using BPEL for orchestration of
processes in our testbed of an IMS core. Which is an IP based
telecommunication environment. We encountered some real time issues using
BPEL due to several web service calls. Now I am searching for another
solution for the orchestration. SCXML seems to be an interesting approach as
an generic state machine language. In particular because of the
implementation with the possibility to run java code in the states. I would
like to ask if someone has experiences using SCXML for this purpose. I am
also interested in some opinions on a comparison of BPEL and SCXML because I
am quite unsure if it is even possible to do that. Maybe someone knows some
interesting links to that topic.

Thanks.

Greetings,
Alex