commons-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Dougan <kevindou...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question about FTPClient.sendCommand()
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:14:09 GMT

Greetings!

I have been searching around a lot, trying to figure out how to properly use the FTPClient.sendCommand()
API method, but to no avail! Perhaps someone here can answer my question very quickly...?

Basically, I want to implement a "dumb" FTP class who handles "batch processing". I thought
I could just read lines from a file, and then pass them through to an FTP Server using the
sendCommand() method, but it always replies with "command not understood".

Am I totally off track with what I want to do here? Am I using the API method incorrectly
or for the wrong purpose?

I am trying to avoid parsing every command, doing a String compare on each word, and then
trying to match it against a specific API method (storeFile(), retrieveFile(), etc.), depending
on each String I parse...big, long IF blocks are ugly!

Thanks!
Kevin
KevinDougan@Hotmail.com

Attention all humans. We are your photos. Free us.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666046