commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wes Clark" <wcl...@guidewire.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Support for JDBC 4.0
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:26:53 GMT
I know if JDBC 4.0 you use unwrap() to get access to the underlying object's methods.  Do you
do a simple cast if the unwrap method is not available?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:19 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [DBCP] Support for JDBC 4.0

Wes Clark wrote:
> In Java 1.6, support was introduced for JDBC 4.0.  This new specification introduced
many new methods, including getNString() and setNString(String).    Are we limited when using
DBCP if the delegated methods don't have these methods?

DBCP support for JDBC 4.0 is in trunk but has yet to be released. With
the current DBCP release you can't use any JDBC 4 methods unless you
obtain the underlying connection.

Now pool 1.5 has been released, a new DBCP release should follow but
there are a handful of bugs that need to be fixed first.

Mark