commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] configuration 2 release date ?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:04:51 GMT
Support for VFS has been added to current trunk as it is completely
backwards compatible. If you don't specify that you want the VFS file
system then the previous "default" file system will be used.

If you check out trunk and run mvn site you will see some
documentation on how to use VFS. In addition, there are plenty of unit
tests. You will also have to manually build commons vfs before you can
build commons configuration to resolve the dependency.

The current "status" is that I have several teams who are using
commons configuration with commons vfs to access files in a Day CRX
(i.e. Apache Jackrabbit) repository. They keep finding minor bugs and
I keep fixing them. The biggest stumbling block to a release is
commons vfs itself. There are still findbugs issues that should be
resolved as well as several Jira issues I would like to address. Any
help along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

As far as configuration2 goes, there is still major work on it that
has to happen and it will be quite a while before you should expect a
release.

Ralph