commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] configuration 2 release date ?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:13:59 GMT
rzo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have seen that you are currently implementing support for commons VFS.
> Great !
>
> What is the current state of configuration2 ? How stable is this branch ?
> Are there any dates for a release ?
> Is there some documentation on how to port applications from the current
> release ?

The configuration2 branch is still experimental. The APIs are subject to
change. So I would not recommend using it in its current state.

We are still in an early state, and it is not yet clear, which parts of
the library should be changed or rewritten. Thus a release is probably
not going to happen in the nearer future.

However, if you have suggestions for Configuration 2.0, please let us know.

Oliver