commons-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Meyer <>
Subject NormalDistributionImpl and NoClassDefFoundError: MathException
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:22:11 GMT
I am using the following code in a method that catches and throws

NormalDistributionImpl normal = new NormalDistributionImpl();
double invNorm = normal.inverseCumulativeProbability(itemDifficulty);

I import the class using

import org.apache.commons.math.MathException;

but when I compile and run my code I get this error message
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/math/MathException

Any ideas what is happening? With my import statement, it seems like I
should not be getting this error.