commons-user mailing list archives

From Georgi Naplatanov <go...@oles.biz>
Subject DBCP statement pooling on MySQL
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 08:10:26 GMT
Hello list,

I'm testing an application with OpenJPA and DBCP.

it is my configuration:

value="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"/>
 <property name="openjpa.ConnectionProperties" value="
driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver,
url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/cms8?characterEncoding=UTF-8,

username=root,
password=123,
maxActive=100,
maxIdle=100,
initialSize=100,
poolPreparedStatements=true"/>

The problem is that the performance is the same with and without
prepared statement pooling while on PostgreSQL prepared statement
pooling give me around 20% performance increase.

Best regards
Georgi