commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about FTPClient.sendCommand()
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:10:14 GMT
On 02/06/2009, Kevin Dougan <kevindougan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Yes, I saw that specific API method call, but I don't really want to implement a big
set of IF THEN clauses in my code...then I just become an interpreter for the FTP specification.

>  Maybe I should be asking a different question, like what is sendCommand() used for in
the first place?

Have you tried HELP ?

QUOTE DO xxx?

>  Maybe it's not possible to do what I want to do, and I WILL have to String-compare everything
I read in, and use an IF THEN block to call the various API methods, as I encounter different
keywords (i.e. re-implement the wheel)...

That should only be necessary for commands that take additional input
or produce additional output, such as STOR and RETR.

But perhaps it's worth considering adding an
FTPCLient.parseCommandLine() method to the NET code - this could be
requested as a JIRA enhancement.