commons-user mailing list archives

From esharris <>
Subject Using apache.commons.cli with Java 1.4.2
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:39:43 GMT

I'm having difficulty using apache.commons.cli with Java 1.4.2. I used
Eclipse to develop a simple program that uses apache.commons.cli. The
program works within the Eclipse IDE. However, when I export the program as
a Jar file and try to run the Jar from the command line (DOS or Unix). I get
a NoClassDefFoundErrorerror wrt the CommandLineParser. (In another program
that uses apache.commons.cli, running the jar file triggers  the
NoClassDefFoundErrorwrt HelpFormatter. So, I think java punts on the first
class it sees containing a problem.)

I also extracted the apache.commons.cli source and built a Jar from it.
Strangely, I couldn't compile my program using my cli jar, instead on the
standard jar. When I extract classes from my cli jar, I noticed some of the
classes in apache.commons.cli are absent. I don't see anything peculiar in
the source.

Sent from the Commons - User mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message