commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons.fileupload: only memory usage
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:40:54 GMT
2009/6/22 Jantek Bal√°zs <bjantek@ratesoft.hu>

> Hi!
>
> I would like to ask if it is possible to configure
> a fileItemFactory so that it never uses the file system.
>
> I would need a kind of MemoryFileItemFactory.. :-)

That's probably your best bet, if you really want to *never* use the file
system. That is, write a MemoryFileItemFactory and configure FileUpload to
use that.

> My problem is that my webapp has no access to the file system.
> If i set a large threshold on a DefaultFileItemFactory of
> a DiskFileItemFactory, i always get permission exceptions.

I don't know why you would be getting permission exceptions if your files
are always below the size threshold you set. The only possibility I see is
that the servlet container is causing this, in which case I'm not sure
there's anything you would be able to do about it. You'd have to debug /
look at the stack trace to find out where the exception is coming from.

I also don't know why you are setting a repository if you don't ever expect
your uploads to be written to file. If you set the size threshold suitably
high and don't set a repository, you shouldn't have any problems (modulo the
container itself, as mentioned above).

--
Martin Cooper