commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: TelnetClient in common.net v2.0
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 10:07:55 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Dale Harris
<itsupport@martinjonkersmotors.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks for the idea, but doesn't appear to work.  I've added the following
> method to my app to disable the socks proxy host to no joy.
>
>  private void disableSocksProxy() {
>    Properties sysprops = System.getProperties();
>    sysprops.remove("socksProxyHost");
>    sysprops.remove("socksProxyPort");
>    sysprops.remove("java.net.socks.username");
>    sysprops.remove("java.net.socks.password");
>  }
>
> The only way around my issue that I've found so far is to create a
> SocketFactory for the TelnetClient to use.

You might try this:

http://www.thoughtsabout.net/blog/archives/000055.html

Basically, you can tell Java which hosts to bypass the socks proxy
for.  Are you absolutely sure that your code is using a socks proxy?
Can you print out the system properties before you change them (and
before you use the telnet client; perhaps in the first line of a main
method)?