commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] new release, parameter handling
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 19:19:28 GMT
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Alexander Blotny
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some questions to the SCXML project.
> I am not sure if it is the right place, please tell me if it is not.

This is the right place.

> At first I would like to know when the next release will come. I could not
> find any information on the page.

In a few months (purposely vague since there is no set date yet).

> Furthermore I am curious if the next release will support EcmaScript as
> evaluation language or does already something like a plugin exist?

Options [1][2] are being looked at. Since Commons SCXML has the notion
of pluggable ELs [3], a new release isn't strictly needed to add
support for a new EL though.

> As far as I can see the implementation does only support to execute void
> methods without parameters when a certain state is reached. I think it would
> be nice to have entry parameters and return values. So the results of one
> state/method can be used in another one. Maybe there is already a
> possibility but I missed it...

I think this is about the AbstractStateMachine class, which is meant
to be a simple example usage pattern. Adjust per taste, see user guide
for details.

(see oacs.env.javascript package)

> Thank you in advance.
> greetings,