commons-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Godbole <siddharth....@gmail.com>
Subject Read time out issue
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 05:28:09 GMT
Hi,

   I am using commons net version of 1.4.1 for connection with a telnet
server. I have set SO Timeout as 30 seconds. This is what is happening
currently:
   First request sent to device is always successful. If i send another
request within 30 seconds of seconds request, request is send successfully
but while reading response, I get Socket read timeout immediately. However
if my requests are spaced by 30 seconds, both requests are successful. I am
running my client application on Solaris machine. Telnet server is also
running on Solaris.

  Can someone tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Sid