commons-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Maisonny <ben...@synclude.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] why is FileSystemConfigBuilder.setParam() protected?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 10:06:18 GMT

> For the setParam(String, String) approach VFS provides the DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder
which then allows you to use setConfigString/setConfigClass which accepts just strings and
uses reflection to coerce it to the required type. This was created to populate the configuration
e.g. from an ant script or a properties file.

Great! This is exactly what I was looking for. May I suggest updating
the javadoc of FileSystemConfigBuilder and insert a link to
DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder? As the delegate does not implement
the abstract class, it's more difficult to find it. I propose the
following text:

VFS-specific *FileSystemConfigBuilder to benefit from type-safe
configuration. For generic configuration independant from the VFS type,
use {@link
org.apache.commons.vfs.util.DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder}.</p>

Would be worth putting the same text in the javadoc of FileSystemOptions.

Cheers,
Benoit