commons-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Maisonny <ben...@synclude.com>
Subject [vfs] why is FileSystemConfigBuilder.setParam() protected?
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 18:54:05 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to configure FileSystemOptions dynamically, without knowing at
compile time which parameters to set. I'd have some config file
containing a list of parameters (builder class name, option name and its
value).

My problem is that the method
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemConfigBuilder.setParam() is protected,
and FileSystemOptions can't be configured directly.

Is there another way to set parameters in a generic way?

Is there a reason for preventing direct configuration of
FileSystemOptions? I guess I could write my own sub-class of
FileSystemConfigBuilder which would offer a public setter, but this
sounds like building my own backdoor to rob the VFS house :-)

Thanks for any insight.
Benoit