commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dale Harris" <>
Subject RE: TelnetClient in v2.0
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 06:48:13 GMT

I have solved my issue.  I had to set the SocketFactory and create a socket
with the proxy turned off.  It would be nice to add hints like that to the
documentation.  Maybe it should default to no proxy too?  Where does the
Socket class obtain the proxy settings anyway?

Dale Harris
IT Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Harris []
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2009 14:35
Subject: TelnetClient in v2.0

I'm having trouble establishing a TelnetClient connection.   I believe my
issue is something to do with class trying to use a proxy
server as I can open a Socket with no proxy.  How can I turn off the proxy
before trying to connect with the TelnetClient class?

Dale Harris

IT Support

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: