commons-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Jaehnigen <christoph.jaehni...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP proxy for commons XMLConfiguration
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:00:13 GMT
Hi, I need some advice with the Commons Configuration library.

I use a XML file for configuration storage which has a DTD specified
being reachable by a HTTP URI. I need to use a HTTP proxy on the
executing machine.

When I try to load the XML configuration, also with setValidate() to
false I get a ConfigurationException with the message: Unable to load
the configuration. When removing the DTD statement the configuration
loads just fine.

So: is Apache commons-configuration HTTP proxy aware? Does it use the
actual JVM settings? I also tried to use the -Dhttp.proxyHost system
properties settings with no success.

So, how to do it? Btw. machine is WinXP and I'm using Eclipse as IDE
with m2eclipse for Maven support.

Thx
Chris