commons-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Toma" <>
Subject Problem with persisted SCXML
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:11:36 GMT

I'm trying to set up a stateful application with the following pattern:

1) Create an SCXML object with custom actions from an XML string, and
serialize it to a DB.
2) when a start event arrives, read the SCXML from 1), create an
SCXMLExecutor and write it to a DB.
3) when an intermediate event arrives, read the SCXMLExecutor from 2)
and trigger the intermediate event on it
4) if SCXMLExecutor.getCurrentStatus.isFinal() == false, write it back
to the DB else goto 5)
5) remove the SCXMLExecutor and goto 2)

Now I have two questions:

1) Is there any example available I can use as a guideline?
2) In my first attempts it seems like custom actions are lost after
persisting the SCXML to the DB
(I mean that if I serialize the SCXML I read from DB and compare it to
the original one, it is missing the actions I put in the <transition>
tags). Any special direction for persisting an SCXML with custom

Any help appreciated.

Thank you and regards.