commons-user mailing list archives

From TonyTheFish <to...@gamesys.co.uk>
Subject [SCXML] Saving and restoring execution state.
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:11:49 GMT

I am considering using SCXML in a high throughput environment where I have
many thousands of state chart instances - naturally this means that the
instances have to be pooled which means that there has to be a way of very
quickly saving a restoring state to an executor.  I see that I can serialise
an SCXMLExecutor instance - but that would be too heavyweight for this kind
on environment.

There is a getCurrentStatus() but apparently no setCurrentStatus().  Also
the Context object seems to have a variety of system defined objects in it -
it's not immediately clear which if any of them I would need.

What I was hoping I could do was something like:

executor.setState("node one");
executor.setContextVars(myVariableMap);

But that doesn'te seem to be possible.  Has anyone tried using SCXML in the
sort of environment I am describing?  How would you go about it?