commons-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hixson <hix...@poindextrose.org>
Subject [dbcp] scaling to 20 connection pools
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:37:07 GMT
I am maintaining a webapp that has been using the Protomatter JDBC
connection pool package for the past several years.  Due to some
changes in our requirements we need to find a connection pool provider
that doesn't have a problem maintaining 20 or so pools for connections
to different databases.  Protomatter appears to have a deadlock bug of
some kind when managing this many pools.  Has anyone found dbcp
incapable of managing this many connection pools in a single webapp?
   Thanks,
    -M@