commons-user mailing list archives

From cloud...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [commons-net] FTPClient setReceiveBufferSize() setSendBufferSize()
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:02:24 GMT
Ah, yes, that's the issue, thanks! Looking at it closer, though, does something similar also
need to be done when the data channel is opened in the FTPClient - for the active local mode?
That is, in _openDataConnection_, server.setReceiveBufferSize(receiveBufferSize) would also
need to be set?

Thanks,

Phil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rory Winston" <rory.winston@gmail.com>
To: "Commons Users List" <user@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:34:40 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [commons-net] FTPClient setReceiveBufferSize() setSendBufferSize()

Hi Phil

Actually, there was a long-standing latent bug in [net] where calls to
set the socket buffer size were effectively ignored, as they were
applied after the socket had been bound. This has recently been fixed
in the 2.0 branch head. See:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/net/branches/NET_2_0/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/net/SocketClient.java?r1=749145&r2=762023&diff_format=h

So, as Steve says, you can either make these changes locally, or just
download the latest source from the 2.0 branch and use that.

--Rory