commons-user mailing list archives

From cloud...@comcast.net
Subject [commons-net] FTPClient setReceiveBufferSize() setSendBufferSize()
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:01:29 GMT
I have an ftp connection that would greatly benefit from having very large TCP/IP window sizes
(1MB). I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement this using the standard FTPClient.
What's the intended usage of setReceiveBufferSize() and setSendBufferSize(), which are inherited
from the SocketClient?

>From what I understand, setReceiveBufferSize() must be set prior to binding to the socket?
However, if these methods are called prior to FTPClient.connect(), then this socket object
isn't initialized. After FTPClient.connect(), is it too late?

Any insight into configuring the FTPClient to configure these window sizes is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil