commons-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cole" <sc...@camsbycbs.com>
Subject Re: [commons-net] FTPClient setReceiveBufferSize() setSendBufferSize()
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:58:29 GMT
Download the source, modify the SocketClient.connect() method and use the
setReceiveBufferSize() and setSendBufferSize() methods and see if it gives
you results you want.

Have you tried using the FTPClient.setBufferSize() method, which sets the
buffersize of the BufferedInputStream used for the retrieveFile() method and
BufferedOutstream used for the storeFile() method?

----- Original Message -----
From: <cloudboy@comcast.net>
To: <user@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:01 PM
Subject: [commons-net] FTPClient setReceiveBufferSize() setSendBufferSize()

> I have an ftp connection that would greatly benefit from having very large
TCP/IP window sizes (1MB). I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement
this using the standard FTPClient. What's the intended usage of
setReceiveBufferSize() and setSendBufferSize(), which are inherited from the
SocketClient?

> From what I understand, setReceiveBufferSize() must be set prior to
binding to the socket? However, if these methods are called prior to
FTPClient.connect(), then this socket object isn't initialized. After
FTPClient.connect(), is it too late?