commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Transition/Var question
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:36:46 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Linda Erlenhov
<linda.erlenhov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I have made som improvements in my code, but now new intresting and funny
> things have happened instead.
>
> I have this very simple file:
> ------------------------------
> <scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml" version="1.0"
> initialstate="7">
> <state id ="7">
> <transition event="1" target="0">
> <var name="1" expr="true"/>
> </transition>
> </state>
> <state id="0">
> <transition event="2" target="2"/>
> </state>
> <state id="2">
> <transition event="3" target="2"/>
> </state>
> </scxml>
> ---------------------------
> And have written a testprogram, but when i start i get this error:
>
> 2009-mar-12 15:46:32
> org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLParser$IgnoredElementRule begin
> VARNING: Ignoring element <var> in namespace "
> http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml" at file:/C:xxxxx/testvideo.scxml:4:28 and
> digester match "scxml/state/transition/var"
>
> I looked at how var:s are written in examples and such, but I donĀ“t
> understand what I have done wrong.
<snip/>

Please point to the examples you have looked at, those will need to be
updated if they are on the Commons SCXML site.

The later versions of Commons SCXML require <var> to be in the Commons
SCXML namespace ( http://commons.apache.org/scxml ) since <var> is no
longer defined for the SCXML namespace (
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml ) as the message above informs you.
See how the canonical microwave example [1] uses <var>s for details.
Note usage as <cs:var>, cs being bound to the correct namespace.

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/microwave-01.xml