commons-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Badhavat <vinod.ofgov...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC (Google Summer of Code)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:35:12 GMT
Hi.

I'm interested in computer networks and network applictions. I saw a project
proposal by ASF -*Add SSH/SCP Support to Commons-Net* under GSoC and its my
pleasure to work on this project because especially this is an open source -
wide open to everybody - i like this.

So, can anyone suggest me how to go about this project, i mean any reading
material for this project. I just started to explore Commons Net and in
learning process.

project details,
Apache Commons Net

  *Subject ID*

*commons-net-ssh-and-scp*

*Title*

*Add SSH/SCP Support to Commons-Net*

*ASF Project*

*Commons Net - [image: [WWW]]
http://commons.apache.org/net<http://commons.apache.org/net>
*

*Keywords*

*SCP, SSH, Java 5, Network Protocols, Sockets*

*Description*

*Commons-Net is a popular framework that supports a variety of low-level
network protocols, including FTP, FTPS, Telnet, and NTP. It would be a
fantastic addition to the project to add basic SSH/SCP support. The work
would entail reading the existing RFCs, studying existing protocol
implementations, and designing and developing an SSH/SCP client for addition
into the library. Ideally requires a student with an interest in network
protocol design, low-level socket I/O, and cryptographic techniques.*

*Possible Mentors*

*Rory Winston ([image: [WWW]]
http://www.theresearchkitchen.com/blog<http://www.theresearchkitchen.com/blog>)
*

I hope Mr.Rory Winston also looks at this message and helps me out.

thankyou one and all,

B.Vinod Kumar
2nd year Undergraduate Student in Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)
Department
Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Bombay
India.
phone : +91-9987154030.