commons-user mailing list archives

From Rory Winston <rory.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FTPClient Stalls on STOR
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 00:00:36 GMT
Yes. The control connection is what is timing out. I've seen other
clients (FileZilla etc) use a timer to send NOOPs over the control
connection periodically.

And Meeraj, yes, I think there may be a potential race condition with
NOOPs being executed whilst another command is currently pending.

On 3 Mar 2009, at 22:14, sebb wrote:

> Aren't there two connections involved here - i.e. the control and data
> connections?
>
> Surely the data connection will be kept alive by the STOR command; the
> NOOP is presumably only needed on the control connection?
>
> I would question whether the F5 load balancer is working correctly if
> it fails to take the data connection traffic into account. But I could
> be wrong.
>
> On 03/03/2009, Meeraj Kunnumpurath <mkunnumpurath@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> That is what I have done.
>>
>> If I do the STOR and NOOP on two threads, isn't there a possible race
>> condition with the response for STOR and NOOP coming back the same
>> time as
>> they share the same socket?
>> Ta
>>
>> Meeraj
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Daniel F. Savarese
>> <dfs@savarese.org> wrote:
>>

>>> In message <66A7A36A-D185-419A-8462-DC645023732F@eircom.net>, Rory
>>> Winston
>>> writ