commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [net] GSoC - Add SSH/SCP Support to Commons-Net
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:45:41 GMT
Hey Vlad,

Welcome! A few suggestions...

o engage with the community beforehand (you did that - good!)
o some projects even require a first patch (to judge if the student is
up to the work)
o communicate in an open manner - communicate often (given the past
experience I would fail students that cannot manage to communicate at
least once a week)
o while your application is expected to give a high level outline of
project plan, also provide details that show that you know what you
are talking about

Also feel free to contact me also off the list if you need further help.

cheers
--
Torsten