commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hughes <ahhug...@gmail.com>
Subject [JXPath][BeanUtils] External Bean PropertyDescriptor?
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 02:53:18 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to use JXPath on a not-so-bean complient "Something.java" class.
The JXBeanInfo<http://commons.apache.org/jxpath/apidocs/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathBeanInfo.html#getDynamicPropertyHandlerClass()>
method
getPropertyDescriptor stipulates that I return a
PropertyDescriptor<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/beans/PropertyDescriptor.html>
in
order to allow JXPath to get/set the properties within "Something.java". The
problem is that the not-so-bean-complient "Something.java" class doesn't
have get/set equivalent methods. It actually has iterator() and from that
you can then iterate over all "properties" and work with them directly.

Can I somehow inject a method implementation or proxy object outside of
"Something.java" that will provide the required logic/code to perform the
get/set operation on Something.java's properties?

Any help would be much appreciated :)