commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: How to avoid escape characters
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:29:28 GMT
Juan Medín Piñeiro schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Do you know how you can avoid to escape characters using Commons
> Configuration ? I'm trying to save a config file with file paths -to be
> read by a different application- and every time a "/" character appears
> for directories, it escapes it as "\/".
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Juan

Normally the slash character should not be escaped as it does have any
special meaning.

For escaping an utility method of Commons Lang is used. There was an
issue with a version of Commons Lang (I think it was version 2.3), which
incorrectly escaped the slash character. You probably use this version
of commons-lang.

Can you try a different version of Commons Lang? 2.4 is the newest
version. Older versions (2.2) should also work.

Oliver