commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: Commons XMLConfiguration Issue --XPath query with /root
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:27:27 GMT
bnreddy schrieb:
> Hi christian,
>
>     From my understanding (correct me if I am wrong)... "The root element is
> ignored when constructing keys". but this is when XMLConfiguration is using
> DefaultExpressionEngine....
>
>    Is root element ignored even when the XPathExpressionEngine is being used
> by XMLConfig...
>
>   The problem is ...there are preexisting XPaths and we need to fit this in
> that...
>
>   as per shouldn't the XMLConfiguration be able to support all legal XPath's
> instead of trimming root elements...

XMLConfiguration used to ignore the root element from the very
beginning. Expression engines were introduces later, but when the
refactoring was done this behavior was not changed to remain backwards
compatible.

When XPathExpressionEngine was implemented it seems only natural to
mimic the behavior of DefaultExpressionEngine to be consistent.

Oliver