commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: commons-config : property key's with whitespace
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:34:39 GMT
Andrew Hughes schrieb:
> Howdy,
> We've got legacy/shared property files for our config (i.e. can't change the
> property files to solve this). We're trying to use commons-config but it has
> difficulty dealing with our properties files as the key's contain
> whitespace.
>
> Any help on how I can resolve this would be most welcomed :)
>
> Example Property:
>
> Welcome Message=Hello World
>

> Cheers.

The current code does not seem to support whitespace in property keys.

PropertiesConfiguration uses PropertiesConfigurationLayout.load() for
inner class PropertiesConfiguration.PropertiesReader. This class
interprets all whitespace as end markers of the property key.

It is probably not trivial to inject your own reader for properties
files. Maybe you can create a custom layout class derived from
PropertiesConfigurationLayout that overrides the load() method. You
would have to override PropertiesConfiguration.createLayout() to
activate your new layout class.

Given these problems it would probably be a good idea if the library
offered better support for customizing the properties reader. If you
consider this helpful, feel free to open an enhancement ticket in Jira [1].

Oliver

[1] http://commons.apache.org/configuration/issue-tracking.html