commons-user mailing list archives

From bnreddy <naveen.red...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons XMLConfiguration Issue --XPath query with /root
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:33:40 GMT

Hi christian,

    From my understanding (correct me if I am wrong)... "The root element is
ignored when constructing keys". but this is when XMLConfiguration is using
DefaultExpressionEngine....

   Is root element ignored even when the XPathExpressionEngine is being used
by XMLConfig...

  The problem is ...there are preexisting XPaths and we need to fit this in
that...

  as per shouldn't the XMLConfiguration be able to support all legal XPath's
instead of trimming root elements...

this is noted in the user guide: XPathExpressionEngine expressions
ignore the root element - so just leave it away. What problems could
arise from this?

christian!