commons-user mailing list archives

From Zender00 <danielpenn...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Net.NNTP: Different behavior using different newsserver
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:09:40 GMT

Hi,

after a research and some tcpdumps I tried to use the same commands as
"GrabIT" for receiving the group headers.
I perform these actions (after I already load the groups successfully)
1.) Disconnect
2.) Connect/Authenticate
3.) Select Newsgroup
4.) Download header

At point (4) the program halts for some seconds and then it stopped with
exception:
"Connection closed without indication." This occurs in line

"DotTerminatedMessageReader reader =
(DotTerminatedMessageReader)client.retrieveArticleInfo(rangeFrom, rangeTo);
"

A really strange behaviour, do you see any reasons for this?

Kind regards,
D. Penning