commons-user mailing list archives

From Zender00 <>
Subject Re: Net.NNTP: Different behavior using different newsserver
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:30:45 GMT

Hi Rory,

I tried to use tcpdump to capture the output from my application and the
server input. But I were not able to notice significant varieties... It
seems that the server send empty responses.

Maybe I have to access the nntp server in different ways? I already noticed
that newsreader (e.g. GrabIT) perform a bunch of NNTP-Commands (Login,
Disconnect, Login, Disconnect, Select Group ...) before they start the
proper command...

Kind regards,
D. Penning