commons-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Oliver <gordon.oli...@antics.com>
Subject [BeanUtils - 1.8.0]: Getting 'not assignable from' IllegalArgumentException in BeanUtils.copyProperties
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 20:06:43 GMT
Hi all.

I seem to have a problem with BeanUtils 1.8 (that does not occur with
identical code in 1.7).

Context:
 * Tomcat+Struts-1.3.8

The exception results when I copy from a POJO to a DynaActionForm.

In this case there are three objects of interest:
Observation
 ClientObservation
 PointsObservation

where both Client and Points Observation are subclasses of Observation.

The exception is thrown at:
MethodUtils.getAccessibleMethod(Class,Method) line:782

The problem is that the class is ClientObservation, and the method is a method
on PointsObservation. Furthermore, looking at the stack, BeanUtilsBean seems
to have gotten a set of descriptors from the cache that includes the method
on PointsObservation.

Does anyone have any idea of what I should look for?

    -gordo