commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Parsing an array from a string
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:50:06 GMT
You could use a pseudo property called slotsString.  Inside the
setter, you parse it (using String.split() I would think).

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM, kyle m <kylem101@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Class:
> class Thing extends BaseClass
> {
> private String[] slots;
> }
>
> XML:
> <Thing
>        slots="lights_front_left,lights_front_right"
> />
>
> I'd like Betwixt to read in the slots value and let me parse the string. I've tried ObjectStringConverters,
which seems to overlook the slots value all together, Rules, although I'm not sure if I was
using them right, and a handful of other solutions I cobbled together. Unfortunately nothing
panned out.