commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Maximum Length of State Names?
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 05:57:00 GMT
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Lee, Cheryl - ES/RDR -Gil
<Cheryl.Lee@itt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running into some strange behavior of my state machine, and I had a sneaking suspicion
that some of my state names were too similar and too long (differ only in the last character),
and that this was resulting in my state machine taking an unexpected transition.  Does anyone
know what the actual limit is on the length of state names, because there clearly seems to
be one.  I fixed my problem in a test case by shortening some of the names of the similarly
named states, and the issue went away.  I now need to find all of the cases that my state
names are too long.

<snip/>

Threre isn't any restriction on the length of the event name, but the
names are expected to imply an ontology. There is also some limited
wildcard behavior so specifying event="foo.*" will match foo.bar,
foo.baz, foo.bar.baz and so on.

If you provide some details (actual event names in your case, or even
better, a complete test document) we should be able to tell if the
above applies.

-Rahul