commons-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In-place matrix operations?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:47:00 GMT
I think you are dead on.

Unfortunately, based on the experience with JAMA and Colt, in-place updates
have two known outcomes ... either the API becomes enormous because of the
factorial nature of the required operations or it becomes fairly abstract as
in the case with Colt.  In the abstract case, it is hard to explain to
people how it works.  But you do get the speed you want.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve