commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil" <Landon.Ouy...@itt.com>
Subject RE: [SCXML] Need help returning from substate
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:01:16 GMT
The link to the source: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/

appears broken.

Any other suggestions of where to find example code??

--
Landon Ouyang
Senior Design Engineer
ITT Electronics Systems, Radar Systems - Gilfillan
7821 Orion Ave,
Van Nuys, CA 91406
(818) 901-2982

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 9:32 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [SCXML] Need help returning from substate

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:01 AM, Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil
<Landon.Ouyang@itt.com> wrote:
> Where are the JUnit test suites located?  Can you give me a link?

<snip/>

Follow the link to the source in the overview on the building page:

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/building.html

I'm traveling and the repository browsing isn't working for me, so
can't provide direct link to the individual tests ATM.

-Rahul

> --
> Landon Ouyang
> Senior Design Engineer
> ITT Electronics Systems, Radar Systems - Gilfillan
> 7821 Orion Ave,
> Van Nuys, CA 91406
> (818) 901-2982

 Once the substate machine has finished I need it to return to the calling state.

>> Question:  How can I get the substate machine to return to the calling state without
explicitly naming the calling state in the transition?

> <snip/>
>
> Rather than returning to calling state, think about it as waiting for
> the .done event related to the src'ed in state machine. Then the
> troublesome transition moves from the src'ed in state machine to the
> <state> with the src attribute. In terms of your example ...
>

>> I have found bits and pieces in the archives and online but no good examples or full
explanations.
>> Any pointers to online documentation for this would also be helpful.  Thanks.
>>
>> Code:
>> I would like to return from the password.xml substate to the calling state (SaveButton,
ReloadButton, etc).  The tag <transition event="e_Done"        target="* Back to Calling
State* " /> specifies a specific state However, that state depends on the calling state.
 How do I get it to return to the calling state automatically?

> [...]
>>        <transition event="e_Done"        target="SteadyState" />
>>    </state>
>> <state id="ReloadButton" src="Password.xml" >
>>        <transition event="e_Done"        target="SteadyState" />
>>    </state>
>>
> <snap/>
>
> When the submachine in Password.xml runs to completion (which means it
> needs to have one or more <final> states), the $parentstate.done event
> will be generated (so in the above cases, SaveButton.done and
> ReloadButton.done respectively).
>
> <state id="SaveButton" src="Password.xml" >
>    <transition event="e_Done"         target="SteadyState" />
>    <!-- Take a transition on SaveButton.done when Password.xml runs
> to completion -->
> </state>
> <state id="ReloadButton" src="Password.xml" >
>    <transition event="e_Done"        target="SteadyState" />
>    <!-- Take a transition on ReloadButton.done when Password.xml runs
> to completion -->
> </state>
>
> This assumes that the state "ControlGranted" in the submachine below
> is changed to a final state (and is reached so the .done internal
> events are generated).
>
> There are a couple of test cases in the JUnit test suite that use this
> pattern, in case you want to look at a complete example.
>
> -Rahul
>

>> Password.xml
>> <scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml"
>>       xmlns:my="http://www.ttt.com" version="1.0" initialstate="PasswordCheck">
>>    <state id="PasswordCheck" >
>>        <onentry>
>>            <my:StateLog/>
>>            <my:PasswordCheck/>
>>        </onentry>
>>        <transition event="e_Done"        target="SteadyState" />
>>        <transition event="e_validate"        target="PasswordValid" />
>>        <transition event="e_allow"        target="ControlGranted" />
>>    </state>
>>    <state id="PasswordValid" >
>>        <onentry>
>>            <my:StateLog/>
>>            <my:PasswordValid/>
>>        </onentry>
>>        <transition event="e_allow"        target="ControlGranted" />
>>        <transition event="e_Done"        target=" SteadyState " />
>>    </state>
>>    <state id="ControlGranted" >
>>        <onentry>
>>            <my:StateLog/>
>>            <my:ControlGranted/>
>>        </onentry>
>>        <transition event="e_Done"        target="* Back to Calling State* " />
>>    </state>
>> </scxml>
>>

>> --
>> Landon Ouyang
>> Senior Design Engineer
>> ITT Electronics Systems, Radar Systems - Gilfillan
>> 7821 Orion Ave,
>> Van Nuys, CA 91406
>> (818) 901-2982

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.