commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Cheryl - ES/RDR -Gil" <Cheryl....@itt.com>
Subject [SCXML] Maximum Length of State Names?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 00:59:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm running into some strange behavior of my state machine, and I had a sneaking suspicion
that some of my state names were too similar and too long (differ only in the last character),
and that this was resulting in my state machine taking an unexpected transition.  Does anyone
know what the actual limit is on the length of state names, because there clearly seems to
be one.  I fixed my problem in a test case by shortening some of the names of the similarly
named states, and the issue went away.  I now need to find all of the cases that my state
names are too long.

Thanks!
Cheryl

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this
e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.