commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wes Clark" <wcl...@guidewire.com>
Subject RE: [dbcp] poolPreparedStatements parameter
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:55:51 GMT
Another guess is that modern database do a pretty good job of caching
queries at the server, so why not let the database server do the caching
for you?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anurag Kapur [mailto:anuragkapur@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:43 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [dbcp] poolPreparedStatements parameter

Just guessing,
Probably because PreparedStatements are not used in many applications
and thus by having the pooling option turned off by default it saves the
overhead involved in maintaining the pools.

Can a expert validate by guess and if it is not correct provide a sane
explanation? :)

Cheers
Anurag

Anurag Kapur