commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hughes <ahhug...@gmail.com>
Subject commons-beanutils : DynaBean's & List<?>
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:51:24 GMT
Howdy,
DynaBean's look brilliant, but I am overwhealmed with options - can anyone
help me out please?

I have a hierarchy of POJO "Thing"'s which is easiest explained.

+ Thing(key="root")
    + Thing(key="world")
        + Thing(key="transport")
            + Thing(key="car")
            + Thing(key="train")
        + Thing(key="feature")
            + Thing(key="road") //note that key'd duplicates exist!
            + Thing(key="road") //note that key'd duplicates exist!
            + Thing(key="tree") //note that key'd duplicates exist!
            + Thing(key="tree") //note that key'd duplicates exist!

Many examples use Map's (but that doesn't allow duplicate key's).

For what it's worth, I would like the following pseudo to work...

get("root.world.feature");

Help would be great,  :)

p.s. the actual key's are out of my control and change dynamically at
runtime.